Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my personal recipe for mango salsa, based roughly on the mango salsa sold at Russo's Market in Watertown, MA. Its most distinctive feature is the lack of tomato. In addition to eating it plain with chips, I like this salsa with shrimp and fish. This recipe makes a salsa that is medium-hot. To adjust the level of heat, use less or more jalepeño. Ataulfo mangoes are smaller than common mangoes and bright yellow rather than green and red. When ripe, the skin starts to wrinkle.
- 2 ripe ataulfo mangoes, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Allow the salsa to rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour so that the flavors combine.