Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my summer favorites. I usually serve atop steamed chicken breasts with rice, but then we eat the rest of the salsa by itself!
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 roma tomato, chopped
- sugar, to taste
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Let sit at room temp 1 hour for flavors to meld.
- Serve with any meat dish, or as a beautiful side dish.
This is really really good! I didn't use the sugar but added a little bit of fresh ground black pepper. I served it on some chicken that I had marinated in some of that bottled stuff (hawiian flavor) and then grilled. Very fresh and summery tasting. I ate the left overs PLAIN! Thanks for a new passion!
This is soooo good. I added some olive oil and some pineapple and some salt and pepper - but no sugar. Also a clove of garlic. I used just one jalepeno. I served it with grilled teriayki chicken and steamed rice and brocolli.
Great! I used red bell peppers in lieu of jalapenos, as this salsa was accompanying a really spicy dish (which it complemented wonderfully, by the way!) and I didn't use any sugar. Thanks for a deliciously easy salsa!