Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make and goes well with fish or chicken. Adapted from Cooking Light. I recently served this with Spicy Citrus Grilled Shrimp soft taco style with romaine and avocado.
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mangoes (about 2)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour or so.
This was good, but not enough flavor for me. The DH loved it however. Went well with tortilla chips for the play off game on Saturday. Thanks.
A very nice salsa, that mixed well using all items on hand, expect I only used 1 mango. I don't think this makes any difference, because this turned out as refreshing and totally yummy as one could imagine.
I made this some time ago, but to circumstance had not rated it yet. I really enjoyed it and will make it again. I wonder if It would work with pears (they are sweet as well, and my tree is loaded with them. Leanne