Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tastes great with chips. Even my mother-in-law wanted the recipe for this one.
- 2 mangoes (peeled, sliced and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper (cored, seeded and chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately.
I haven't used this exact recipe, but had a similar one years ago and lost it. It did not have the honey or balsamic vinegar, but I would bet these would only add to the great taste. It is excellent on fish, especially swordfish. Serve with rice and mixed veggies plus scallions as a garnish.