1/4 Photos of Mango Salad With Grilled Shrimp
Epi Curious's Note:
This is a refreshing summery salad bursting with flavor that combines lime, mint and cilantro dressing with mango, peppers and grilled shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 red chili pepper (about 4 inches long, thinly sliced, including seeds)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (chopped)
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled & thinly sliced (firm-ripe)
- 1 1/4 lbs jumbo shrimp, shelled, tail-on, deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced, including seeds (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Make mango salad: Whisk together brown sugar and lime juice in a large bowl util sugar is dissolved, then whisk in red chile, shallot, cilantro, and mint. Add mangoes, tossing gently.
- 2Grill shrimp: beginning at thick end, insert a skewer lengthwise through each shrimp to straighten. Transfer to a tray. Prepare grill. Whisk together oil, jalapeno, cumin and salt, then brush on skewered shrimp until well coated. Grill the shrimp, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 3Toss mango salad again and divide among 4 plates. Arrange 4 shrimp on top of each serving.
- 4Makes 4 first course servings or two main course servings.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Salad With Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 510.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 30.0 g