Recipe by Epi Curious
This is a refreshing summery salad bursting with flavor that combines lime, mint and cilantro dressing with mango, peppers and grilled shrimp.
Top Review by Grease
Absolutely delicious! What a great blend of flavors. We served this recipe on a bed of spring greens as a main course by increasing the serving size and it was a real treat. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 red chili pepper (about 4 inches long, thinly sliced, including seeds)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (chopped)
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled & thinly sliced (firm-ripe)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs jumbo shrimp, shelled, tail-on, deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced, including seeds (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Make mango salad: Whisk together brown sugar and lime juice in a large bowl util sugar is dissolved, then whisk in red chile, shallot, cilantro, and mint. Add mangoes, tossing gently.
- Grill shrimp: beginning at thick end, insert a skewer lengthwise through each shrimp to straighten. Transfer to a tray. Prepare grill. Whisk together oil, jalapeno, cumin and salt, then brush on skewered shrimp until well coated. Grill the shrimp, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Toss mango salad again and divide among 4 plates. Arrange 4 shrimp on top of each serving.
- Makes 4 first course servings or two main course servings.