Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is what happens when you play "Round the World" - you find some really interesting recipes from distant places. Remind me to go to West Africa one day; they already have some of the world's best music and now they show that they can cook too. Looking forward to trying this in the future. I'm not sure about the servings - this looks so good that I guess that in our house it would feed the 2.5 of us. A yellow melon is also suggested as a substitute for the mango if this is not available.
- 2 mangoes, cubes
- 1⁄2 pineapple, fresh,cubed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup apricot nectar or 1 cup orange juice
- strawberry, for garnish
- In a 2-quart bowl: Add the pineapple to the mango.
- Blend the juices separately and then pour over the mango.
- Serve on lettuce cups either individually or in a bowl.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Very easy, very fruity! I like the lemon and orange juice added which gives it just a hint of different fruit flavors. I didn't have strawberries but I think they would have topped the salad off perfectly and added some nice color.