Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe is from the Thai House restaurants in California. The mango gives it a fresh flavor.
Top Review by Eat and be Merry
This was very authentic. It took me a while to find a green mango salad recipe WITHOUT bean sprouts, and this did the trick. I didn't use chicken in this recipe, as it was a side dish to the Thai Chicken Thighs. The only method change I did was I sprinkled the toasted peanuts on top once served instead of mixing it in with the salad during the preparation. This kept the peanuts nice and crunchy once served. This is definitely a keeper recipe. Can't get any better in a restaurant.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 1 unripe mango, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 to 1/2 lime, juice of