Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Thai House restaurants in California. The mango gives it a fresh flavor.
Make and share this Mango Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 1 unripe mango, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 to 1/2 lime, juice of
- Combine ingredients and sprinkle with lime juice. You will need a smaller amount of lime juice for a green mango and more lime juice if mango is ripe.
This was very authentic. It took me a while to find a green mango salad recipe WITHOUT bean sprouts, and this did the trick. I didn't use chicken in this recipe, as it was a side dish to the Thai Chicken Thighs. The only method change I did was I sprinkled the toasted peanuts on top once served instead of mixing it in with the salad during the preparation. This kept the peanuts nice and crunchy once served. This is definitely a keeper recipe. Can't get any better in a restaurant.
I was starting to write 'made as directed' but I did make some changes. As I was having this with a Thai chicken soup I omitted the chicken and then added some thin strips of red pepper. I started to grate the mango but it was becoming a mess so I sliced it in to thin strips instead. I really enjoyed every bite! Thank you for posting this recipe! Made for ZWT6 on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies.
Another great healthy salad to add to my collection! I particularly like the subtle salty/bitter notes supplied by the fish sauce. Such a great contrast to the mango. Thanks, Cookiedog!