Recipe by Pippy
It really is very beautiful to look at, not to mention eat! Perfect with Indonesian and Thai dishes.
Top Review by mommyoffour
I loved this salad. The mixture of the sweet fruit and the savoury onion and peppers. So good. I served this with some Pad Thai and Thai zucchini. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 lime, juice of
- lime zest (optional)
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- I find the easiest way to cut up mango for this is to cut off as much as you can, slicing along the side of the pit.
- You can tell what way the pit grows by its shape.
- Score the mango halves lengthways, then crossways, into 3/4 inch cubes, going through to the skin, but not through it.
- Turn the mango halves inside out and slice off the cubes.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Goes well with any Thai or Indonesian dish.
- Like Indonesian Ginger Chicken!
- (recipe posted).