Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It really is very beautiful to look at, not to mention eat! Perfect with Indonesian and Thai dishes.
- I find the easiest way to cut up mango for this is to cut off as much as you can, slicing along the side of the pit.
- You can tell what way the pit grows by its shape.
- Score the mango halves lengthways, then crossways, into 3/4 inch cubes, going through to the skin, but not through it.
- Turn the mango halves inside out and slice off the cubes.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Goes well with any Thai or Indonesian dish.
- Like Indonesian Ginger Chicken!
- (recipe posted).
I loved this salad. The mixture of the sweet fruit and the savoury onion and peppers. So good. I served this with some Pad Thai and Thai zucchini. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with us.
I prepared this salad to accompany Sriracha Chicken Wings (see my page) and they paired wonderfully! My only alteration was julienning the mango and veggies (I like to eat small bites). Fan-tiggity-tastic!
I had this alongside Thai coconut soup (Tom Kha Gai) and brown rice noodles with Thai peanut sauce. It was paired delightfully, and was a wonderful, fresh dish. I never would have considered sweet mango with other ingredients such as what it called for, but I will guaranteed be making this again and again.