1/1 Photo of Mango Salad
Janice Gill's Note:
Source: Chatelaine Magazine. Once I could not get fresh mint so I substituted mint sauce for the vinegar, sugar and mint and it worked very well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes (, 2 mL)
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint (, 125 mL)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander leaves (, 125 mL)
- salt (optional)
- 1Squeeze juice from lime and place 2 tablespoons (30 mL) in a large bowl.
- 2Stir in balsamic vinegar, sugar and chili flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Peel mangoes, slice pulp from pit, then cut into julienne strips.
- 4Slice peppers into similar size julienne strips.
- 5Combine mangoes and peppers in a bowl.
- 6Chop onion fine and add along with mint and coriander.
- 7Taste and add more lime juice or a little salt, if you like.
- 8Salad is best if it stands at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 9Salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day but mint will darken, so add it just before serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g