Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is adapted from the LA Times food section. It calls for a box cake mix (I used Duncan Hines). To make it extra special, serve with ice cream.
- 1 cup peeled mango, diced
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pureed ripe mango
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons water
- Spray the bottom of a 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan with a non-stick vegetable spray and dust with flour.
- Arrange mango cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Blend together rum, water, eggs, butter, and pureed mango.
- Add cake mix and beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake 20 minutes in the pan.
- Loosen and remove from pan onto serving plate.
I used coconut rum. Didn`t need the ice cream. Just to GOOD.
Great simple recipe! I love mango and was looking for something uncomplicated but with great flavor and this is it!! Thanks so much for posting!
Tall, light & moist! Loved this cake! The pantry mice had been dipping into my rum leaving me with 1/4 cup Pineapple Rum & 1/4 cup Captain Morgan's so my result was a fruity blend. I expected the mango pieces to be inside the cake but surprise - when I de-panned, they were sitting prettily on top. Rather than flouring the pan, I sprinkled it with turbinado sugar & that gave the top a little crunch. Thanks for sharing, Miss Annie!