Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
a light cake ideal when company comes over
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil (Crisco or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup mango rum
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, roasted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- Mix all ingredients, beat 5 minutes.
- Grease pan and coat with flour to prevent cake sticking to sides of pan.
- Place roasted pecans in bottom of the pan, then pour in the batter.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes in 350° F. In tube pan.
- (Cake is done when the cake springs back to the touch, or when it shrinks away from the sides of the pan.)
- Glaze: Bring to boil.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan as soon as it come from the oven.
- Spoon glaze over cake.
- I pierce the cake with a knitting needle to let the glaze seep into the cake.