Recipe by Mama2boys
Sweet mangoes blend beautifully with curry-marinated shrimp and veggies! It's even better the second day. You can substitute chicken for the shrimp. From June 2005 issue of Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 36 shrimp)
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups mangoes, diced (about 2 mangos)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Add carrot and next 7 ingredients (through salt); tosss gently to combine.
- Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 12 skewers. Place skewers on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Serve skewers over salad.