Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Could sub blueberries for raspberries
- 3 cups finely chopped pitted, peeled mangoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed red raspberries (about 1 1/2 pints)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package fruit pectin
- 5 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine mangoes, raspberries, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Yields about seven 8-ounce jars.
We have plenty of diabetics on our gift list so we always make low sugar recipes. I tried this recipe cutting the sugar down each time. 3 cups of sugar is PLENTY! The fruit POPS and it is still plenty sweet. Just use low/no sugar pectin and your golden.
Very good. Pretty sweet, I may try it with less sugar next time.
Excellent jam. Thanks for the easy to do and delicious recipe!!