Recipe by heidih88
A custardy cobbler, very moist from the mango. Note: Blackberries, blueberries or sliced peaches (canned - #2 can or fresh) or canned tart cherries may be used. Sugar that is sprinkled on top may be lowered or raised depending on sweetness of fruit. If using canned fruit, drain before using.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray 10 x 5 x 3 or 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar mixture alternately with 1/2 cup milk. Beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Spoon berries over batter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over berries. Pour 1 cup milk over top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Batter will rise to top and create a custard within.