Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
A wonderful appetizer from the Hula Hut Restaurant in Austin Texas. I found a mango cream cheese at our super market, and it was just right.
- 1 fresh mango, peeled & chopped
- 4 -6 fresh flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Pam cooking spray or butter
- Spray Pam on back of flour tortillas. Or if using butter, melt in frying pan. Spread cream
- cheese on one side of tortilla. Add some diced Mango, and a little green chilies. Fold in half and lightly brown on both sides. Serve hot.
Tasty! The only green chiles I had were jalapenos. I made it as 1 tortilla over another. When I cut it into 8 pieces I found it to be messy.....LonghornMama's idea of adding Jack Cheese to hold it together a little more is goo. Next time I will make as a single tortilla folded over.....it will be easier to handle.
Yummy! Loved the combination of ingredients! Suggest a thin layer of cream cheese with lots of green chiles and mango. Next time I would add some Monterey Jack cheese to help hold it together and for an additional savory element. Thanks for sharing! Wish I were at Hula Hut right now!