Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found on the website About.com Thai Food & is included here for the ZWT6.
Make and share this Mango Pudding -- Lactose-Free (Thailand) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large mangoes, ripe (bright orange or yellow & fairly soft)
- 1 (3/8 ounce) packet gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Scoop out the flesh of the mangoes & puree it in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set it aside in the processor/blender.
- In a saucepan, heat water until is reaches a rolling boil, then remove it from the heat.
- While stirring the water with a whisk or fork, sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the water & stir briskly to remove any lumps.
- Add the sugar to the gelatin mixture & stir to dissolve. Add this mixture to the mango in the processor/blender, then add the coconut milk & process briefly until ingredients are combined.
- Pour this finished mixture into 4 dessert bowls & put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours but not more than 24 hours.
- Serve cold on its own, or with fresh fruit & ENJOY!
It's the most amazing mango pudding recipe. I had friends over for thai theme dinner and served this dessert. It's amazing on its own and also with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Today i'm experimenting and making this recipe with frozen berry mix instead of mangoes ... let's see how it turns. <br/>Thanks for the recipe.
I loved the overall flavor of this pudding. I had a few problems that were mostly my fault so I would like to try it again before rating it. I only had lite coconut milk so I replaced the water with the milk as well. I think that worked well but I did have problems as the other reviewer did with lumps. I didn't take the directions seriously about whipping with a fork. BUT I think there is a better way. Next time I will mix the gelatin with the sugar first before pouring into the boiling water. I think that would eliminate the lumping. I thought this would be a stiffer pudding... not sure if that was because of the lumps or the way it was supposed to be.
Nice delicate flavor. Could be changed up with by adding spices. I used gelatin sheets for the first time. I poured the water on top of them. Lumpy. Next time I will float them on top of the water.