Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a dessert enjoyed commonly in Singapore's chinese restaurants.
- 3 mangoes
- 60 g gelatin
- 2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 egg whites
- 260 g sugar
- 300 g ice cubes
- 300 g mango and vanilla ice cream (soft but not melted)
- 750 ml water
- Chop and dice mangoes then set aside.
- Pour gelatine and sugar into a big saucepan and set aside.
- In another small saucepan, bring water to a boil then pour boiled water into the gelatine and sugar mix.
- Heat mixture over medium fire, stir well till gelatine and sugar dissolve.
- While heating gelatine and sugar mix, beat the 3 egg whites till stiff and fluffy for about 10 minutes.
- Add ice cubes to dissolved gelatine and sugar mixture.
- Stir till ice cubes melt.
- Add beaten egg white to mixture quickly, stir well till mixture is smooth.
- Add non-dairy cream to mixture and stir well.
- Add ice-cream and stir well till ice-cream melts.
- Add in chopped and diced mangoes and stir well.
- Pour pudding mixture into jelly moulds and allow it to set (in the fridge for about 20 hours).