Recipe by Sharon123
This is a simple and healthy dessert. Adapted from Living and Raw Foods.
Top Review by Susiecat too
Very simple, very delicious! I think the mango-lime flavor combinations is one of the truly divine pairings, and adding coconut and pecans just takes it over the top. This takes about 2 minutes to fix, and I even toasted the chopped pecans while I was blending the mango. This would also be delicious with some malibu coconut rum, blended with ice, for a cool poolside summer drink! Or the mango/lime combination as is could be put into a pan and frozen, then scraped/scooped up into serving dishes as a fresh fruit granita. Yum! Thanks for this simple beauty, Sharon!
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel mangos.
- Then place a knife flush to one of the flat sides of the mango pit and cut the mango away from the pit.
- Place mango in a blender or food processor.
- Add 1/4 lime and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Pour into dessert dishes or cups and add shredded coconut and chopped pecans to taste.
- This also tastes good with just the pureed mango.