Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can't get my mind off of this recipe...I finally will get a chance to make it this week for a small wedding reception I am hosting. I won't bother making a practice run of it because I just don't trust myself with a bowl of guacamole. From Gourmet Nov. 2008
- 4 ripe avocados (2 pounds total)
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (or lime juice to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 3⁄4 cup diced peeled mango
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- plantain chips or tortilla chips
- lime wedge
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados. Coarsely mash in a bowl. Stir in onion, chiles, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, then fold in pomegranate seeds, mango, and cilantro. Season with salt and additional lime juice.
- Cooks’ note: Guacamole can be made 4 hours ahead and chilled, its surface covered with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
I tried this recipe when I saw it on Epicurious.com, and I was very pleased with the results - colourful with an interesting array of textures and nice balance of spicy, sweet, and sour. Skip the pomegranate when they're out of season for an equally satisfying dip.