Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This makes a fabulous side dish for grilled chicken or fish, and it makes enough to feed a crowd.
- 2 large mangoes, ripe but still firm, peeled
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 medium red onion, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cut mangoes, pineapple, red bell pepper, and red onion into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
This is a wonderful recipe for salsa! It DOES make enough to feed a crowd! It's light, refreshing, spicy and soooooo tasty. I served this with grilled chicken and fesh tortillas and it was just amazing. Thanks for posting.
Took this to a party, and everyone loved it--had several ask for the recipe. Thank you! I used two cans of tidbits pineapple and a large red onion, since that's what the local grocer had--I threw in the whole chopped onion without thinking about it, and though the salsa still (obviously) tasted marvelous, I was still tasting the red onions later. I suppose I should've added more mango. Planning on making this again in the very near future--with a medium red onion...