Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1892.72 ml mangoes, chopped
- 566.99 g crushed pineapple (canned, if fresh 2 cups and 1 cup sugar)
- 59.14 ml lime juice (lemon will do)
- 946.36 ml sugar
- Put fruit in pot over medium heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Cook until thickened.
- Fill hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes, cool and store.
Very, very tasty. Kind of exotic & tropical.<br/><br/>The changes I made was that I only had 6 cups of chopped mangoes, so I scaled down the entire recipe. I only had a can of pineapple chunks, so I put the pineapple, along with the juice, in the food processor and pureed all of it. <br/><br/>I think this would be great with a little rum added. Maybe next time. I'll submit a photo when I'm through processing.