Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 hrs 30 mins
I had forgotten that I had this recipe tucked away in some recipe file on my computer, so I figured I'd post it here so I wouldn't forget about it again. I believe this is from Bon Appétit.
- 1 1⁄3 cups gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jarroasted macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, minced
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, quartered and thinly sliced (reserve pineapple leaves for garnish in center of cheesecake)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously butter a 9" springform pan. Finely grind the gingersnaps, macadamia nuts, brown sugar and crystallized ginger in a food processor. Add butter and process until well-mixed. Press mixture into prepared pan, going 1 3/4 inches up the sides. Bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, or until crust is set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and minced lime peel with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and lime juice. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake at 350ºF for about 80 minutes, or until edges are firm but the center 2 inches of cheesecake are still slightly jiggly.
- Transfer baked cheesecake to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a small sharp knife and remove springform ring. Chill cheesecake overnight. After chilling, arrange mango slices around top outer edge of cake. Arrange kiwi in a ring just inside the ring of mango. Arrange the sliced pineapple within the ring of kiwi, then place the pineapple leaves in the center of the cheesecake.
This was a big hit with everybody. Especially the tang from the lime and the crunchy crust. Made for the Tempting Caribbean Desserts. Chose this recipe because, Antigua uses pineapple and mangos, and ginger. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice