Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I sampled this recipe at a local deli and was lucky enough to get the recipe. Never in a million years would I have made this recipe had I not sampled it first -- I was surprised at the ingredient list, but the combination of flavors is delicious!!! The recipe states that "This salad is full of refreshing flavors and can also be used as a relish for meats." I hope that you enjoy it.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick, cut in half
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded red chili pepper
- Place mangos, kiwi,and pineapple in a large bowl. Toss gently.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving time.
I would give this recipe more that 5 stars, if allowed. It is the most amazing combination of flavors. It's sweet and tart, then you get an after kick of hot pepper, garlic, or cilantro. The lime juice is the perfect ingredient to bring all the flavors together. Excellent! Thank you for sharing this tasty, creative recipe. Definately a recipe to go into my tried & true cookbook.
This salad is my new favourite. It was a total hit at the family reunion. It tastes fabulous and you can be sure that no one else has brought this dish to the potluck.