Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a tropical-tasting dish that looks really great on the plate, though it's not at all hard to make.
- 680.38 g chicken breasts (4)
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 78.07 ml mango chutney
- 4.92 ml coarse grain mustard
- 709.77 ml cooked brown rice, chilled for at least 30 minutes
- 425.24 g can mandarin orange segments, drained & liquid reserved
- 22.18 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml sriracha sauce (optional)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained & diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to to 350°F.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken and place in a sprayed 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Mix together crushed pineapple (with liquid), mango chutney, and mustard, then pour over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- While chicken is cooking, whisk together a 1/2 cup of the mandarin orange liquid with soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and sriracha (if using).
- Add the dressing, green onions, celery, and water chestnut to rice. Mix well. Gently stir in mandarin orange segments.
- Chill rice salad until chicken is done, then serve.
This was very good and light tasting! I didn't use the sriracha but otherwise followed the recipe. I did take threeovens' advice and pan seared the chicken a little, made it look and taste amazing. Will make this again! Made for PRMR.
I love the dressing for the rice salad and definitely use the sriracha. My chicken came out perfectly cooked and moist, but I think it would have benefited by being pan-seared before being placed in the oven. Made for PAC.