Recipe by Betty Bel
Beans, greens, tropical mango with spicy dijjon dressing topped with buttery pine nuts, will drive that healthy fact right out of your mind.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
This is a beautiful and tasty salad!! It is a perfect lunch too because it has every food group and nutrient that you need!! I love all the different textures and the colors!!! Really love the use of the different flavors; the sweet of the mango, the pepper of the purple cabbage, the buttery flavor of the pine nut!! This is a really well-done salad!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded cos lettuce
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, puree 1/4 cup mango, orange juice, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, cabbage, green onions, beans, remaining mango and pine nuts. Toss gently with the dressing and divide into four bowls.