Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found in my mango recipe hunt.
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup dried red chili, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 2 lbs mangoes
- Wash and dry unpeeled mangos. Cut into small pieces or cubes.
- Mix mangos with salt and turmeric; set aside for 24 hours.
- In a heavy pan, lightly brown the fennel and mustard seeds. Grind coarsely. Drain mangos reserving the liquid.
- Mix all other ingredients together and toss cut mangos in it until well coated.
- Press into sterilized jars and pour the brine over, so that the mangos are well covered.
- Close lids tightly and keep in a sunny place for 1 week.