From BBC Good Food magazine. A crumble using different fruits from ordinary apple. Can be frozen and reheated easily. Directions for freezing and reheating included below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius In a small saucepan, add pears, sugar, and 4 Tbsp water. Cook gently over low heat about 5 minutes until pears are just tender. Remove from heat and stir in the mangoes and stem ginger. Spoon mixture into a 1.75 litre baking dish and leave to cool.
- 2For the crumble mixture, rub butter into the flower until crumbly (as name suggests). Stir in sugar and pecans, then sprinkle mixture over the fruit mixture.
- 3Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- 4If freezing, prepare to end of step 2. Wrap whole dish in large freezer bag, seal, and freeze up to 1 month. Can be baked from frozen in a 160 degree C oven for 50 minutes.
- 5Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango, Pear and Ginger Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.2
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 136.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 58.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: