Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BBC Good Food magazine. A crumble using different fruits from ordinary apple. Can be frozen and reheated easily. Directions for freezing and reheating included below.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius In a small saucepan, add pears, sugar, and 4 Tbsp water. Cook gently over low heat about 5 minutes until pears are just tender. Remove from heat and stir in the mangoes and stem ginger. Spoon mixture into a 1.75 litre baking dish and leave to cool.
- For the crumble mixture, rub butter into the flower until crumbly (as name suggests). Stir in sugar and pecans, then sprinkle mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- If freezing, prepare to end of step 2. Wrap whole dish in large freezer bag, seal, and freeze up to 1 month. Can be baked from frozen in a 160 degree C oven for 50 minutes.
- Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Update - gorgeous, the flavours work really well together. For any Americans, I think you'll find that this is the same as a 'crisp' You're a star! I knew I'd seen this recipe somewhere (it must have been the BBC website)and have been going nuts trying to remember. Should have guessed a Zaarite more organised than me would have posted it! Thank you! Off to make it now!