Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another fruity chutney! Guessed at the amount of jars to use as recipe did not state.
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml white vinegar
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 118.29 ml sultana raisin
- 1133.98 g ripe mangoes
- 907.18 g peaches
- In a large saucepan, mix together all ingredients except the mangoes and peaches.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the mangoes and peaches removing the seeds and stones.
- Add mangoes and peaches to the syrup and simmer until the fruit is tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
Thanks for this recipe! It's awesome! I made a batch last fall and now again. Everyone who likes chutney loves this one! I did take the lemon rind out before adding fruit. I'm not sure if I was supposed to include the rind or not.....lots of work but well worth the results. I wish the mangoes had been better..... Inverchef .