Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another fruity chutney! Guessed at the amount of jars to use as recipe did not state.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ripe mangoes
- 2 lbs peaches
- In a large saucepan, mix together all ingredients except the mangoes and peaches.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the mangoes and peaches removing the seeds and stones.
- Add mangoes and peaches to the syrup and simmer until the fruit is tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
Thanks for this recipe! It's awesome! I made a batch last fall and now again. Everyone who likes chutney loves this one! I did take the lemon rind out before adding fruit. I'm not sure if I was supposed to include the rind or not.....lots of work but well worth the results. I wish the mangoes had been better..... Inverchef .