Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another fruity chutney! Guessed at the amount of jars to use as recipe did not state.
Make and share this Mango Peach Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ripe mangoes
- 2 lbs peaches
- In a large saucepan, mix together all ingredients except the mangoes and peaches.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the mangoes and peaches removing the seeds and stones.
- Add mangoes and peaches to the syrup and simmer until the fruit is tender, about 1/2 hour.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
Thanks for this recipe! It's awesome! I made a batch last fall and now again. Everyone who likes chutney loves this one! I did take the lemon rind out before adding fruit. I'm not sure if I was supposed to include the rind or not.....lots of work but well worth the results. I wish the mangoes had been better..... Inverchef .