Recipe by dicentra
This is from the May 2007 issue of Vegetarian Times. The photo is so pretty! They say to toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.
- 3 cups soy sprouts
- 2 cups peas
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Mango-Pea Salad: Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add sprouts and peas, and cook 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain, and chill in ice water to stop cooking and keep peas bright green. Drain again.
- Toss together sprouts, peas, mangoes, green onions, mint and sesame seeds in large bowl.
- To make Sesame Dressing: Whisk together lime juice, sesame oil, vegetable oil, ginger, brown sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Pour over pea mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, and serve on bed of lettuce, if desired.