Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Nov./Dec. 2007 issue of Australian Recipe+ Magazine. Do not include chill time (overnight). Can use 500 grams of frozen mango and puree to use. Ensure gelatine and puree are at equal temperature to prevent lumps when combining. Mousse best made day before serving.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (plain)
- 1⁄3 cup water (boiled)
- 2 cups mango pulp (puree)
- 1⁄3 cup passion fruit pulp, plus extra
- passion fruit pulp, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons mango liqueur (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- wafer biscuit (thin cookies to serve)
- Stir gelatine and 1/3 cup boiling water in a small jug until dissolved. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place pulp and liqueur (if using) in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in gelatine mixture.
- Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl and using an electric mixer beat to soft peaks, gradually add sugar beating until dissolved.
- Beat cream in a separate bowl to soft peaks.
- Fold cream into fruit mixture.
- Then fold cream and fruit mixture into the meringue (egg white) mix.
- Pour into 8 x 3/4 cup capacity serving dishes or glasses.
- Chill until set (overnight is best) or make first thing to serve that night.
- Garnish with extra whipped cream and passionfruit pulp and serve with thin wafer biscuits (cookies).