Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mangos, papayas and coconuts abound here in Costa Rica both on the Pacific side and on the Caribbean side - you can find them growing all over your yard and on the side of the road. Paradise! Nothing is better for quenching a tropical thirst than a "batido". This healthy smoothie contains most of my favorite fruits! No matter whether you're dreaming of Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands - this wonderful concoction will have you humming "Kokomo" for days...
- 295.73 ml almond milk
- 118.29 ml coconut water (NOT coconut milk!)
- 236.59 ml papaya, peeled and cubed
- 236.59 ml mango, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml ice
- 4 scoop vanilla ice cream
- mango, chunks
- papaya, chunks
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and process for 2 minutes.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, chunks of mango and papaya, and a spoon.
Made these for the kids yesterday and they liked them very much. Used regular milk instead of almond.