Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goes with Coconut-Beer Batter Shrimp by Emeril!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2 large seedless oranges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups diced mangoes
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Cut away the peel and pith from the orange, and segment over a bowl to catch the juice.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, curry, salt and cayenne, and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the mango and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange segments, vinegar, sugar and zest, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour into a decorative bowl and let cool completely before serving.
Love this. Had tried 5 times now and still cant believe it.