Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A frozen summertime treat for grownups! From the Houston Chronicle. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 2 large mangoes, flesh of (preferably Kent mangoes)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice (to prepare the ginger juice, grate a large piece of unpeeled ginger and squeeze the grated pieces to)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Prepare the ginger juice, and set aside.
- In a blender, purée the mangoes with the orange juice.
- Pour into a large bowl, and whisk in the ginger juice, red pepper, cardamom, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.