Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 1⁄2 cups French bread cubes
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MANGO ORANGE SAUCE
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup mango puree
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350'F. Place bread cubes, mango and raisins in buttered, 9 inch baking pan.
- Mix together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, 2 1/2 cups hot water, butter, orange rind, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely. Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- For sauce; over medium heat, cook and stir orange juice, mango puree, sugar and cornstarch until thickened and bubbly. Serve over warm bread pudding.