Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aloha! Try this easy Hawaiian salad dressing served over a green salad with chopped mango, toasted chopped macadamia nuts, coconut flakes and grilled chicken. Posted by request from "Sam Choy's Island Flavors"
- 1 small mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, cubed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup light salad oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine mango, onion, sugar and vinegar until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow steady stream, season with salt and pepper.
The dressing was easy to make & tasted awesome. I made the salad suggested in the introduction & everything was perfect. Served as main course with recipe #193197 as part of an Iron Chef-style mango challenge & was loved by all. Thanks Lorac for sharing this winner.
So good!! I got too many mangos at Costco and this was a delicious way to use them up. Easy to make and I served it over a salad with the Mango Barbeque Chicken(#119194). Perfect together. We all licked our plates at the end of the meal. Thanks.
made this for house dressing is a great vinaigrette....great flavor.....