Recipe by smellyvegetarian
A simple dessert combining mango and coconut-infused rice found at thaitable.com. Cooking time does not include time to cook sticky rice.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
This was a lovely ending to our recent Thai meal! The coconut sauce was perfect with the chopped mango. Like Jostlori mentioned, I don't think this is a single serving dessert. I divided this into 2 portions for us, but I'm sure that it could easily be divided into 4 portions because the rice part is so filling. Thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 cup sticky rice, cooked (and still hot)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the coconut milk in a pot over medium heat. Stir constantly and let the coconut milk simmer. Hard boiled coconut milk will curdle.
- Add sugar and salt. Remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 of the hot coconut milk over the hot sticky rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes. The hot sticky rice will absorb all the coconut milk. The rice should be a little mushy.
- Spoon the rest of the coconut milk on top of the rice at serving time.
- Slice mango on top and serve.