Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple dessert combining mango and coconut-infused rice found at thaitable.com. Cooking time does not include time to cook sticky rice.
- Heat the coconut milk in a pot over medium heat. Stir constantly and let the coconut milk simmer. Hard boiled coconut milk will curdle.
- Add sugar and salt. Remove from heat.
- Pour 3/4 of the hot coconut milk over the hot sticky rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes. The hot sticky rice will absorb all the coconut milk. The rice should be a little mushy.
- Spoon the rest of the coconut milk on top of the rice at serving time.
- Slice mango on top and serve.
This was a lovely ending to our recent Thai meal! The coconut sauce was perfect with the chopped mango. Like Jostlori mentioned, I don't think this is a single serving dessert. I divided this into 2 portions for us, but I'm sure that it could easily be divided into 4 portions because the rice part is so filling. Thanks for posting! Made for The Hot Pink Panthers for ZWT9
This was really yummy but not as intensely coconutty as I expected it to be (maybe my coconut milk wasn't right, even though I used a creamy one). DH suggested to add some coconut flakes next time I make it. I'll make it anyway because it's so easy to make and still yummy :) Thanks for posting!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / SE Asia for The Apron String Travelers
Mmmmm, the coconut sauce is so good and so easy to make! This was a delicious combo - the ultimate comfort food! When I saw the calorie and saturated fat content, I almost had a heart attack. But know that this is more than one serving. I think it's more like four, since it's so rich. Thank you for posting such a yummy recipe, teammate! Made for team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9.