Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderfully easy, complex tasting sauce that makes the chicken. Easy and fast to put together for a dinner on the fly.
- 1 cup peeled mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mango mixture; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
I tried this but didn't do it exactly as written so I will reserve my rating for now. I'm not a fan of curry either, however, even though I cut the juice & perserves, I found this mango sauce abit on the sweet side. For us it was missing abit more spicy nature to it, such as cumin or cayenne (that might clash with the mustard though). Also found there was lots of sauce, enough for 8 breasts.
This sounds really yummy-Came across your recipe and plan to try it-will review again once I try it but I like that it does not have curry powder in it-Most mango chicken seems to call for curry powder and I'm just not a fan of curry-but reading the ingredients this sounds like a yummy combo.