Recipe by Tish
This is a wonderfully easy, complex tasting sauce that makes the chicken. Easy and fast to put together for a dinner on the fly.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I tried this but didn't do it exactly as written so I will reserve my rating for now. I'm not a fan of curry either, however, even though I cut the juice & perserves, I found this mango sauce abit on the sweet side. For us it was missing abit more spicy nature to it, such as cumin or cayenne (that might clash with the mustard though). Also found there was lots of sauce, enough for 8 breasts.
- 1 cup peeled mango, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mango mixture; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.