I was going to make blueberry muffins when I realized that the kids had eaten all my blueberries, so I used mango pulp instead. This fork tender muffin will be very moist. It would be more appropriate at the breakfast table than trying to toss it into a lunch box. I want to thank JeannineMarie in MN for the two most recent pictures that she sent me to include with this recipe.
- Cut and peel two very ripe (soft to the touch) mangoes and reduce to soft pulp and juice. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, and egg.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry until just moist and stir in the mango pulp.
- Fill greased muffin tins, or paper muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes.
- They are done when they are brown on top and a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.