1/1 Photo of Mango Muffins
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Asian region). Mangoes in a muffin... oh my. One of my favorite fruits turned into high carb heaven! YES!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit & grease the muffin tins or use paper or foil liners.
- 2Mash the mango pieces into a soft pulp; if using banana, cut into pieces, mash, and stir in with the mango.
- 3In a small bowl, use a fork or wire whisk to mix the egg with the vegetable oil and the buttermilk until well blended.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the baking powder, salt, sugar, and ground allspice with the flour.
- 5Add the egg, oil, and buttermilk mixture to the flour to form a lumpy batter; do not overmix.
- 6Stir in the vanilla extract, mashed fruit, and coconut if using then spoon the batter into muffin tins, until they are approximately 2/3 full.
- 7Bake for 22 - 24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean; let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 86.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g