Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a mango flavoured creamy dessert topped with ginger and lemony fruits!
For the mango mousse
- 1 3⁄4 cups mango pulp
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 3⁄4 cup full cream milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons china grass (fully set)
- 2 teaspoons mango essence
- 200 g fresh cream
For the fruit salad
- 1 cup dessert apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pear, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup watermelon, diced
- 1 cup banana, diced
- 4 strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave China grass with 3/4 cup water on HIGH for 4 minutes uncovered.
- Stir once in between.
- In another glass dish, microwave milk powder and sugar all together on HIGH for 3 minutes uncovered untl sugar dissolves.
- Microwave dissolved China grass with milk mixture on HIGH for 3 minutes uncovered.
- Add beaten cream, mango pulp and mango essence.
- Beat the mixture well.
- Fill the mixture into 3/4th level of a serving glass and leave it to set in the freezer for minimum 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Mix the ingredients for fruit salad and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve each chilled dessert glass containing mango mousse topped with 3 tbsp of fruit salad.
- Note: China grass is a vegetarian substitute for gelatine.
- To set it, add china grass powder to boiled and slightly cooled milk.
- Mix well to set within 10-15 minutes when chilled.