1/2 Photos of Mango Mousse With Chocolate Cake Lining
Wonderful summer dessert, the combined texture of mousse and cake is sure to please everyone. Makes about 20 1/2 cup (120ml) size pudding cup desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unflavoured gelatin (1/2 oz. or 14g or 2 envelopes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups mango puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped till a peak forms
- 5 egg whites, whipped till a peak forms
- 20 slices chocolate cake, the size of the bottom of your cup
- fruit, diced for decoration (mango or other colorful fruits)
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over water in a bowl, let sit for 5 minutes to soak up water. Double boil the bowl and stir until the gelatin is all dissolved. Cool for about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir sugar into the mango puree. (Add up to 1/2 cup more sugar if your mango is not sweet.).
- 3Combine mango with gelatin and stir in whipped cream and whipped egg whites gently until smooth. Use a beater on low speed for a few seconds will help.
- 4Scoop mousse in cups lined with a slice of cake.
- 5Fruit dices can be put on top of mousse or between the mousse and the cake or both.
- 6Refridgerate 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Mousse With Chocolate Cake Lining
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g