Wonderful summer dessert, the combined texture of mousse and cake is sure to please everyone. Makes about 20 1/2 cup (120ml) size pudding cup desserts.
- 2 tablespoons unflavoured gelatin (1/2 oz. or 14g or 2 envelopes)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 cups mango puree
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, whipped till a peak forms
- 5 egg whites, whipped till a peak forms
- 20 slices chocolate cake, the size of the bottom of your cup
- fruit, diced for decoration (mango or other colorful fruits)
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a bowl, let sit for 5 minutes to soak up water. Double boil the bowl and stir until the gelatin is all dissolved. Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir sugar into the mango puree. (Add up to 1/2 cup more sugar if your mango is not sweet.).
- Combine mango with gelatin and stir in whipped cream and whipped egg whites gently until smooth. Use a beater on low speed for a few seconds will help.
- Scoop mousse in cups lined with a slice of cake.
- Fruit dices can be put on top of mousse or between the mousse and the cake or both.
- Refridgerate 2 hours.