Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
this is a great recipie to eat as a dessert in the summer during a BBQ !!
Top Review by RonaNZ
I was looking for something to put in my new little cupcake dishes and I had a very ripe mango to use up. This recipe was just the ticket. I put bands of waxed paper around the dish and overfilled the dish. I think these little souffles look very cute. I used lime instead of lemon and included the juice as well. The flavour was just right, not too sweet, not to tart but just right. It made 4 cups of mixture and my dishes hold 1 cup so it made three servings by the time I overfilled the dish. Thank you.
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 80 ml very hot water
- 1 large ripe mango
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon
- 150 ml cream
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatine over hot water in a small bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel mango.
- Slice the flesh away from the large flat stone.
- Reserve a few thin slices for decoration.
- Puree the remaining mango in a blender or food processor with the castor sugar& lemon rind.
- Whisk cream until it is thick.
- Pour in the mango mixture& fold through until evenly blended.
- Pour in the cooled gelatine.
- Stir well.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Fold gently through the mango mixture until completely combined.
- Transfer to serving glasses.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Decorate with the sliced mango and fresh flowers, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!