Recipe by yooper
Posted in response to a request. This is from the latest issue of "Readers Digest."
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, puree the mangoes with the lime juice and ginger.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir the gelatin into the sugar mixture and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar-gelatin mixture to the mango puree and process until well combined.
- Add the sour cream; process briefly.
- Spoon into dessert bowls, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serves 4.