Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Make sure that you use ripe mangoes in this dish. The sweet, juicy flesh creates a deliciously smooth mousse.
- 5 medium mangoes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Peel the mangoes and remove the flesh from the seeds. Dice the flesh of 2 of the mangoes purée the rest in a blender.
- Put the purée into a glass mixing bowl, and stir in the lime or lemon juice.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until they are frothy. Sprinkle in the sugar, and continue to beat until stiff. Then gently fold in the cream.
- Gradually stir the mixture into the mango purée. Pour over the diced mango. Spoon the mixture into serving bowls or glasses, and then chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
What a great light and refreshing mango dessert! This was yummy all by itself, but I'm guessing that it would be wonderful as part of a trifle as well. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2011