Recipe by Zurie
A simple mango dessert, for when you have a lot of these fruits. Do taste the mousse after pureeing, in case you want to add more sugar. Time for prep does not include chilling time.
Top Review by ChelseaW
I halved this recipe since I was just making it for two and I didn't want to use so many mangoes! It was tasty but I did have a little trouble getting the consistency right. It was the first mousse I've tried though, so I'm sure it was me, not the recipe.
- 4 lbs mangoes, ripe (2kg)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces sugar (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (can use sheets too)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream (125 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh off the seeds.
- Puree in a processor with the lemon juice, vanilla and sugar. You should have about 5 cups of puree.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the 1/4 cup hot water, and stir well into the mousse,.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until quite stiff.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold both into the mango mousse.
- Pour into a serving dish and chill at least 3 hours, or until set (overnight is fine).