Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a lovely light, smooth mango cream, an elegant and easy do-ahead dessert for a dinner party. Cooking time is chill time. From Betty Bossi.
- 2 (500 g) mangoes (or 600g mango flesh- canned is OK)
- 1⁄2 a lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white rum (Bacardi)
- 60 g icing sugar
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, extra
- Puree the fruit with the juice, rum and sugar. Sieve and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Whip the cream and fold into the fruit puree.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt to stiff peaks. Add extra sugar and beat again briefly; add gently to the puree mix until fully combined.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
Oh this was fabulous!!!! Everybody loved it & wish I had doubled the recipe. I used frozen/thawed, drained mango with no problem. Made for the 8/07 Aussie swap.
OH MY! This was yummy! I could have eaten all four servings myself. I am the mango fanatic in my house, but even those who aren't so crazy about mangoes enjoyed this. Very light and refreshing on a warm summer evening. A definite make-again! Thank-you for posting this, Chickee. (I apologise if there are any spelling errors, but ther was a movie advertisement covering part of the comment box and I could not see all of what I was typing. I could not close the ad.)