Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from my new low-carb cookbook. My friend, Tiffy is going to love this! I bet you could use peaches or apricots instead of the mangoes. Prep time doesn't include the 2 hours 45 min chill/freeze time.
- 2 mangoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) containerwhipped dessert topping, thawed
- Place mangoes in a blender container. Cover and process until smooth. Add enough water to make 2 cups total. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together sugar and gelatin. Pour mango mixture over gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in lemon juice. Cover and freeze for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture mounds, stirring occasionally.
- Beat mango mixture with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes or until thick and light. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and chill for 2 hours, or until set.
I tweaked this recipe somewhat: I added agave nectar (instead of sugar) to the mango mixture after bringing it to a boil, along with a teaspoon each of lemon zest and vanilla extract - then the lemon juice as called for. When it was time to fold in the whipped topping, I substituted plain yogurt cream cheese (Greek yogurt). When serving it for dessert after dinner, I topped it with some fresh blueberries - delicious!
Just made this. Followed the exact recipe with fresh Hawaii mango. It is EXCELLENT. Light and creamy; not too sweet. Loved it. Thanks!